Wednesday 20 November 2013

Revlon 3 for 2: Review!

So a few weeks ago, I was having a bit of a rubbish day (boo!) so I decided to have a little look in Boots because what better way to cheer yourself up than with a bit of retail therapy! I was initially just going in to find a nice lipstick for going out that night but instead I came out with these little gems:


I've been dying to try the Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters for a while but I couldn't decide which colour to go for because there's so many! I love the packaging for them, I think it's a lot nicer than a lot of the drugstore makeup brands. 


TOP: 'Juicy Papaya' BOTTOM: 'Raspberry Pie'

 Eventually, I decided on the shades 'Juicy Papaya' and 'Raspberry Pie' and oh my word, they are the most fantastic colours ever. I'd been looking for a gorgeous berry coloured lipstick for ages, so finding 'Raspberry Pie' was an absolute joy for me! It's so highly pigmented and looks really nice as a day-to-day lip colour, but also works really well with a night-time look. I'd also been searcing for the perfect coral colour too, so in my eyes 'Juicy Papaya' was ideal. It's not as highly pigmented as you can see in the photo above, but it's ideal for sticking on when I'm at work or for my shorter days at uni. The only downside to these for me is that I've found they chip quite a lot when you first use them. I don't know whether it was me being a wee bit too heavy handed but little chunks just flaked off when it was the first few applications. However, I'm not going to let this put me off and hopefully I'll get myself a few more shades!

I also decided to get the Revlon 16 Hour Eyeshadow Quad in the shade 'Decadent' and wow, it's brilliant.

I'm usually the sort of person who goes for neutral, nude shades so this for me was a little bit different with the two pink shades. On the back of the packaging, there's a little diagram which suggest which shades should be worn on which part of the eye which is quite handy, but I sort of just go with the flow whenever I do my eye makeup! 


(applied on top of an eyeshadow primer)
From left to right: top left hand shade, top right hand shade, bottom left hand shade, bottom right hand shade.

I find that the top right hand shade, which is a gorgeous gold, looks fantastic across the lid with a bit of the bottom right shade blended through the crease. I also find the two pink shades make great highlighters just to put on the brow bone or lightly on the inner corner of your eye. The shadows are quite well pigmented and do last quite well when applied on top of a primer, definitely going to be trying more of the Revlon eyeshadows!

Thanks for reading, hopefully the next post will be up in a few days!

Sophie

1 comment: