Tuesday 10 December 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer: Review!

Apologies for my absolutely horrendous posting lately, I've had so much uni work to do but I swear this month will be when I get my blog in shape!

Anyway, on to the reason for this post. I'd been looking for a new concealer for a while and couldn't quite find one I liked. I find it pretty difficult to find a concealer which is relatively cheap and matches my skin tone because of how pale I am, so I had a look online and a lot of people had been raving over the Collection Lasting Perfection one and also the Wake Me Up option by Rimmel. I swatched both on my hand in Boots and decided on Rimmel's offering in Ivory, mainly because I felt the Lasting Perfection one was quite dry and as someone with quite dry skin, this probably wasn't the best option for me.


 I've always had a bit of a love hate relationship with Rimmel's foundations so I was a bit sceptical about this product but I honestly don't know why, it's fantastic. I don't wear foundation every day, so I wanted something that was going to cover up under my eyes, my nose and my awful red cheeks, and this is great. It doesn't have massively high coverage but it does exactly what I want it to!

TOP: applied. BOTTOM: roughly blended (ugh, it looks a bit darker on here sadly)

Now I'm not going to lie, it's not the exact match for my skin tone but it's the closest thing I've found so far! Rimmel say that it has an 'instant anti-fatigue effect' and it definitely makes my skin (especially under my eyes) look a lot more awake. Before this, I had been using the Revlon ColourStay concealer and I can't say I was a massive fan, I found it to be a bit too thick but this one is the opposite; it has a great consistency and blends really well whether you use a brush or just your fingertips. I can definitely recommend buying this, I know I'll be repurchasing it when my current one runs out!

Thanks for reading guys!
Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment