Tuesday 31 December 2013

London: What's In My Makeup Bag

Hello again lovely people! As you all know, I had a little trip to London two weeks ago and it was absolutely fantastic; I'll be making a post in the next few days with some photos and stories from the trip! The hardest part of this trip for me was deciding which makeup to take with me, especially because my usual makeup bag is pretty big and I was only going for three nights! 



The first thing I had to do was find a smaller makeup bag, so I decided on this cute little one from Primark. I have a thing for polka dots so I couldn't resist when I saw it. It has two zip compartments, both quite a decent size, and for £3 it's actually really nice! 


Surprisingly for me, this is probably the smallest amount of makeup I've ever taken away in my case. I knew I had to pick things that I would use both day and night so that I wasn't carrying more than I needed to, especially because I'm not the best at packing!



First up is my facial products. As I said in a previous post, I don't wear foundation every day but as we were going out to see a show one night, foundation was a must! I use the Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclait foundation in the shade BR10. I have quite dry skin and prior to this I'd been using the MAC Studio Fix Foundation which wasn't sitting well on my skin at all. My Mum was the person who told me to try YSL and after seeing this foundation mentioned in one of Pixiwoo's videos, I thought I may as well give it a try; it is the best foundation I've ever used! I also took the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer for using during the day, the MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural Powder and the Body Shop blush in the shade 'Ginger'. I also took the Body Shop Brow and Liner Kit in the Shade 01 for blonde and auburn hair but for some reason it isn't in these pictures, oops!

Next up is my eye makeup and this was the hardest thing for me to decide on due to the abundance of lovely eyeshadows I have! I eventually decided on the Revlon Colourstay 16 Hour Eyeshadow Quads in Decadence and Addictive because I absolutely adore nude eyeshadows and sadly, my MUA Heaven and Earth palette is falling to pieces! Another thing I've invested in is the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion- oh my word, it's amazing. I find that my eyeshadow stays on so much longer with this primer and the pigmentation seems to be a lot better! For mascara, I decided on two little Soap and Glory goodies- the original Thick and Fast mascara and also the Flash Extention one (which is a pretty darn good dupe for the YSL Volume Effet Faux Cil and costs £13 less!). I also took the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner and the Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl (which has lasted me for ages).

Now for lips! I only took 2 products with me for this trip, one for day and one for night! After my fantastic experience with the two Revlon Lip Butters I bought last month, I decided to buy another, this time in the shade Wild Watermelon which is a gorgeous red. For night, I decided on my favourite red lipstick- the Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in the shade 22.

Finally, a random product- the MUA Pro Base Fixing Mist. I'd been eyeing up the Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray for a while but on one of my trips to Superdrug I noticed this little MUA offering. For £5, it does exactly what it says on the tin- or in this case, bottle. Just a few sprays after you've applied all your makeup and I can guarantee it stays on for longer. I used it when we went to the show and despite the tears (I shall elaborate in my future post!), my makeup stayed put!

So that's everything! Last post of 2013- I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and here's to 2014!

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment