Wednesday 26 February 2014

January Beauty Buys

Hello hello hello! So last month, I went a little bit crazy buying loads of new makeup and other little beauty products to try so I thought I would share it with you all. I'm going to be writing more in-depth reviews on most of the products featured in this post in the future, so enjoy!


First on the list was a sneaky trip to Boots for my two new Real Techniques brushes. I already have the Expert Face brush and it's incredible, so I decided to build up my collection and invest in the Powder brush and the Blush brush, which were £12.99 and £9.99 respectively. After that was a little trip to the No. 7 counter to use my £3 off voucher where I decided to try the Stay Perfect Smoothing Eyeshadow and, seeing as everything was also on 'buy one get one half price', I picked them up in 'Nude' and 'Bronze'. Taking full advantage of the above offer, I then had a nosey around the Maybelline section where I picked up the Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser and also the Master Shape Brow pencil in the shade 'Soft Brown'. I also couldn't help but treat myself to one of the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks in the absolutely divine shade 'Mayfair Red Lady' because my previous Kate Moss one is sadly on its last legs!

I couldn't resist when walking past L'Occitane but call in and treat myself to their amazing Shea Butter hand cream, before making a little trip to Topshop to try my first ever one of their makeup offerings- a gorgeous little cream highlighter in the shade 'Polished'. I also included a sneaky little Christmas present from my amazing chum Holly- yes, she got me the Basics palette. I opened it up and almost cried, she is the best.

My favourite purchase of all had to be the YSL set. I found this when tidying the shelves at work and it was retailing at £35, which I knew was a bargain at first glance. I mean, come on, how can you not? The set has one of the False Lash Effet Faux Cils mascaras in 01, a Touche Eclait in shade 01, a miniature Long-Lasting Eye Pencil and also a travel sized bottle of their eye makeup remover. 

 What have you been buying and loving lately?

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment