Thursday 5 June 2014

Life Updates!


*blows away the cobwebs*

Hello internet, I'm back! It seems I went on an unplanned blogging hiatus for the past 4 months.. Oops. Turns out first year of uni is waaaaaaaaay more work than I first anticipated. Seeing as I've been away for so long, I decided it was sensible to make a little post just to update you all on what's been happening in my world!

1. I'm officially finished my first year of university! I handed my last assignment in yesterday and now I'm going to enjoy a 4 month summer break, yey. I'm waiting on the results for 2 exams and 2 assignments (fingers crossed I've done well in them) but yeah, first year has gone pretty well- I came out with a 2:1 overall for my first semester and my first exams and stuff of the second semester went equally well. Uni has been such an amazing experience so far, I've made the most incredible group of friends who are just fantastic, and I've been able to do so many things I never expected- like helping to brew and bottle beer! I can't wait for second year now.

2. I went to my first ever blogger meet up on Sunday and it was so much fun! I travelled to Middlesborough with Hannah where we went to the North East Blogger's Tea Party at Walkabout, organised by the lovely Danni and Kloe who did a fantastic job. Everyone was so welcoming and really excelled with the insane amount of cake we had- expect a post very soon.

3. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but I'm going to be doing a 5k run next month! Basically, a group of us from uni are going to be taking part in the Colour Run where, for every kilometre completed, you get absolutely covered in powdered paint and, of course, we're raising money for a worthy cause, attempting to make a dent in the £7000 a little girl who suffers from cystic fibrosis needs in order to get a special vest which will help her to breathe easier. I'm really excited for it as it's going to be an amazing experience- best start training now!

4. I had another trip to London in April which was fantastic, and it seems I may have done a wee bit of shopping while I was down there so expect a few posts about what I bought down there! It was such a good trip, the weather was brilliant and I managed to catch a distant glimpse of the beautiful Andrew Garfield while I was down there as the Spiderman premiere was happening in Leicester Square- sadly, no photos as my phone died!

Well, I think that's you all caught up now- expect a lot more posts over the next few months seeing as I'm free now!

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment