Sunday 15 June 2014

Another trip to London?

Yes, as I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I had another trip to London in April- surprise surprise.  It was insanely hot this time so I got the opportunity to air a bit of my summer wardrobe early (not that it’ll get used much up here in the North!) and visit more places around the city that I’d never seen before or those that I loved so much, I just had to go back. Another trip to Camden lead to us stumbling upon London Zoo (a place we had got lost trying to find on one of our first trips) where I’m pretty sure I wanted to take almost every animal home with me, especially one little monkey who was simply adorable. An obligatory journey to 221B Baker Street ensued, as did a trip to Abbey Road- but the real one this time (see my post about my December trip)! 

Camden Lock is so pretty in the sunshine!



How cute is this little fella?!





How cool is that drawing? It was on the wall outside the Abbey Road studios where loads of Beatles fans come to write messages or just sign their names.

Of course, no London jaunt is complete without a trip to Harrods, where I decided to buy a few things as I was feeling a wee bit flush for a change! First up, I had a wander around their beauty hall (which is stunning, it really is) and had to pick up another bottle of my favourite foundation ever- the Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclait, which was £30.50 and is in the shade BR10. A browse to the footwear department of course led me to the Kurt Geiger area where I fell in love with these shoes.




I know, they're beautiful, and at only £29 I had to buy them. The shoes have a slight suedette finish with the shiny gold buckle across the front which just gives them that extra something. Despite being a little bit painful on their first outing, these have become my go-to flats- they go with pretty much all of my clothes in my wardrobe and add a little touch of class to an outfit. The only downside is they really don't like the rain, and can get marked quite easily- something I know all too well as mine now feature two black lines across the toe of the right shoe, no idea where they came from! Suddenly I'm wishing I'd bought them in the black instead... I'm hoping they clean up somehow because they are possibly one of the best pairs of shoes I've ever bought and I'd hate to think they're ruined now!

Have any of you had a similar problem with nude shoes- how did you clean them up?

Sophie

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely trip! :) When I went to London I visited the door in the BBC Sherlock rather than the real one, even went to Speedys for breakfast! Post is on my blog if you fancy a gander :D

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Such lovely photos, particularly love the statue of the tiger :D
    I'd love to visit London again and especially visit the zoo, I'm hoping to visit Edinburgh zoo over the summer :D

    also its lovely to stumble across a fellow northerner too ;)

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete