Monday 23 June 2014

Victoria's Secret: Sexy Little Things Noir

I've always been a big fan of fragrances and I've never really been known to stick to a specific one; I much prefer to have different perfumes to suit different seasons and occasions. My main problem with perfumes however is that I often find I’m allergic to them, like Nina Ricci’s Nina and many of the Britney Spears fragrances. As I don’t really buy myself perfume often, my collection is pretty small and only seems to bulk up at Christmas or birthdays! I can go through perfumes quite quickly, like the bottle of Rihanna’s Reb’l Fleur I received at Christmas- gone in just under 2 months (oops, it just had the most gorgeous smell!). I also received a bottle of Vera Wang Princess but, at the price of this, it certainly isn't something I should use quickly (student budget’s don’t stretch as far as I’d like!), so I decided to find something I could use day-to-day and didn't really break the bank.

After stumbling across the Bond Street store of Victoria’s Secret and dragging my Mum in, I felt compelled to buy something- come on, who doesn't want one of those adorable shopping bags? I took this as the perfect opportunity to find myself a nice, summery scent- enter the Sexy Little Things Noir collection.



I settled on the body mist which was one of the cheaper options at £22 a bottle, slightly steep but definitely worth it. I’m not exaggerating when I say that this is literally a bottle of summer. As a blend of amber, nectarine and cattelaya orchid, the fragrance is light, refreshing and fruity and is definitely ideal for this summer. Thankfully, for the price, the mist has a pretty good staying power so a few sprays and you’re set to go, although admittedly, I am a wee bit too heavy handed with it so it may not last me as long as I’m hoping. So many people have commented on how amazing it smells when I've been spraying it near them, quite a few have said it reminds them of sweets and I have to agree, it’s absolutely beautiful!





The perfume was something I bought when I got home, after the reception of the body mist I just had to. I actually picked it up in a store called TJ Hughes for, wait for it... £19.99! I’m pretty sure that’s about £30 cheaper than it was in Bond Street, so how could I resist? As you can see, the fragrance comes in a black, 50ml glass bottle and also a matching black atomiser with black tassel detailing trailing from the end of it. I adore the bottle for the perfume; the shape and colour are so beautiful, and the atomiser just gives it that extra touch of class and elegance- it looks like it should be on the dressing table of a glamorous, sophisticated 1920s woman. The atomiser gives out just the right amount of fragrance with each spray, so I’m hoping that this will make this perfume last a lot longer than many of the others I've owned!

I think next time I go to London I may have to stock up on the body mists- I'm looking forward to trying some of the other Victoria's Secret fragrances too! Have you ever tried one of the fragrances? Which one, and what did you think of it?

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment