Wednesday 16 July 2014

Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclait

This post was bound to appear sooner or later. I’ve mentioned it in so many of my previous posts so I thought, why not do a bit more of an in-depth post on it?



I first discovered this foundation just over a year ago. As I may have mentioned, I used to use the MAC Studio Fix foundation but it never seemed to apply the way I wanted it to on my dry skin, so it was definitely time to find a new one. My Mam was the person who introduced me to YSL because she always used it when she was younger, so she suggested I had a look and, after consulting one of the lovely ladies on my local YSL counter, I left with a bottle of this in hand. I had owned one of the Perfect Touch foundations previously and was not a fan at all, so I was a wee bit sceptical as to what this offering would give, not really expecting much. Oh how wrong I was.



Eventually, a foundation has been found that actually proves a pretty damn close match to my ridiculously pale skin tone (as mentioned in previous posts, I wear the shade BR10) - something I’ve always struggled with, especially with high street foundations. On their website, YSL claim that the illuminating foundation "highlights the contours of the face" and gives a "long lasting look of radiance and the appearance of a flawless perfection" and I can honestly say, it really does. As I only really wear foundation if I'm going out somewhere special, I wanted something that was going to be long-lasting with excellent coverage that would still give me a natural look- this just ticks all those boxes. It has a pretty dewy appearance and only requires a light powdering for that perfect flawless appearance, and with an SPF of 19, it’s ideal for those lucky enough to tan in the British summer! Also, it has the most gorgeous smell, not too highly fragranced but very nice.

It pains me to say it, but this foundation does have one small fault. Lately, I’ve found the skin around my nose to be quite dry (thank you hayfever!) and when I’ve applied my foundation, it has clung a bit to these dry patches however I’m pretty sure most foundations would do the same thing, so this certainly isn’t something which will cause me to stop using it.

So, have any of you used this or any other YSL foundation? What did you think of it?


Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment