Thursday 12 June 2014

Naked Basics Palette: Review

A little slow on this one but I eventually got the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, a Christmas present from my fabulous best chummy Holly (hello if you’re reading this!) who knew I’d been wanting it for ages. I was so chuffed with it and I can honestly say it is being well used!



I love the packaging for the Basics palette; it fits really well with the whole ‘basic’ thing. The mirror in the upper half of the palette is a great size and I use it all the time when I’m applying my daily face- ideal for people who wear glasses because there’s nothing to get in the way (seriously, applying eye makeup is a pain in the backside when you wear glasses)! The hard plastic casing makes the palette durable and better at withstanding the inevitable bumps it will endure if you carry it around in your bag which, due to its fantastic compact size, you can do with ease.

(from left to right) Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint, Crave

The palette contains 6 brilliantly versatile shades, ranging from a gorgeous shimmering almost-white to jet black.  Venus is the palest shade and works fantastically as a highlighter, just lightly applied on the inner corner of the eye and just under the brow. Foxy, a yellow-toned cream, and Walk of Shame, a more peach-toned shade, look great when applied across the lid with the pale coffee shade Naked 2 blended through the crease. Applying a small amount of the darker brown Fade to the outer corners of the eye gives them a greater depth, although blending this shade through the crease makes for a more dramatic look. The fantastic black shade, Crave, works really well for the classic smoky eye look, as a soft eyeliner or to intensify liquid or gel eyeliner.

I always apply the shadows over a thin layer of the original Urban Decay Primer Potion and they stay on pretty much all day. They apply really well and have a really great consistency; you totally forget you have them on during the day because they’re so light! I love the fact that all the colours are neutral because, despite the slightly steep price tag of £22, the shadows are extremely wearable so you definitely get your money’s worth. I think I may have to invest in one of the other palettes by Urban Decay because, if this is anything to go by, they’re simply fantastic.

Have any of you got one of the Urban Decay palettes- what do you think of them?

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment